1. sunshinedaisy

sunshinedaisy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    ok inside of coop need to get painted this weekend.. went to the paint store came home with question??? duh me..will it matter if its interior or exterior.... anything i need / should know when picking out this paint? what have you all used? I know i want at least a semi gloss right?? See told you nothing but question came from that paint section today?[​IMG]

2. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC
    Exterior paint will be more durable in face of the temperature swings and the occasion to hose it down from time to time. Semi-gloss will shed dirt and poop more readily than a flat finish. Latex paint generally performs better on wood because it flexes and breathes. Primer and two finish coats will be an optimum combination. Once dry, modern paints are not toxic.

I painted the interior of my coop with a semi-gloss. I painted the exterior with a flat finish to match the adjacent building.

Hope this helps.

Chris

3. sunshinedaisy

sunshinedaisy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Quote:thank you so much... so i was thinking right just wanted to make sure b4 i bought it... [​IMG]

4. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

High gloss exterior in a light bright color annd don't be chintzy. It may take the day to dry but get every crook and cranny so the poo doesn't soak in and stink.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by