Painted Eggs

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
Some where in this forum I had posted about painting eggs.

When we get really big double or triple yolker eggs I blow them. We save them and paint them for Christmas ornaments.

I can't find the thread where we were talking about this so I am posting here on a new thread.

Here is one of the painted eggs.

I put them in a nest of curled paper in a small gold wired basket then wrap the basket in the clear plastic basket wrap with a ribbon.

They really look striking on the Christmas tree.

paintedegg2.jpg

Anyone else care to show and tell their own egg or chicken crafts?

Last edited:
you are a gifted person, that egg looks some of those at hallmark for an arm and a leg.
very nice job, will be treasured for years to come i think.

Thank you. My oldest daughter and I sit late at night or when my 2 yr old is napping and work on them together. It is our quiet time.

Wow thats really pretty - where do you find those little end cap thingies?

If anything - I would LOVE to learn how to carve on or ? eggs - I've seen them somewere and they are lovely!

Good grief girl, give us lowly humans a break, lol!! Is there anything you can't cook, grow, or make?!!! Wow, those are pretty!! I remember that thread out blowing the gunk out of a little hole in the egg, and I have to say now what I said then, ain't no way!! Not blowing gunk out of any egg, but they are pretty and I would buy them and hang them on my tree. I have painted on gourd eggs and made ornaments out of them, but no fragile chicken eggs. Girl, you are sure talented!
smile.png

wildsky -

First, I scavange from old or broken ornaments or really ugly ones. LOL If I can't buy the hangers from the local craft store I will also buy those 50 for $2.00 ornaments at the dollar store when I see the little buckets at the after Christmas sales.

If I have to buy things I look around for the best prices online.

Search google. Here is one place with the top hanger.

Egg Craft Supply

Back
Top Bottom