Painting converted coop

Squeak61

Songster
5 Years
May 22, 2017
Connecticut
Hey everyone! With springtime around the corner, I really want to revamp my coop and run. My current coop is a gray converted resin shed. I really want to paint the inside a brighter color, maybe yellow. I also wanted to paint the nesting boxes. However, I’m not really sure if that’s safe for the chickens. If it is safe, what paint would be best use? Maybe spray paint? If it’s not safe, maybe I could do something different. I was thinking another option would be something like contact paper? I’d love to hear some opinions!

Not sure there any paints that will stick to that kind of plastic long term.
Nothing uglier than paint peeling and/or scratched off plastic...BTDT.
Are the nesting boxes plastic too?

Not sure there any paints that will stick to that kind of plastic long term.
Nothing uglier than paint peeling and/or scratched off plastic...BTDT.
Are the nesting boxes plastic too?
Well that’s too bad, guess I’ll have to do something other than paint :barnie Any ideas? The boxes, however, are wooden. Any kind of paint that would be safe for those?

Any kind of paint should be fine on wood,
as long as it's allowed to fully cure at the right temperature
before the birds are exposed to it.

Why do you feel the need to paint the inside of coop...need more light...add some windows?

Any kind of paint should be fine on wood,
as long as it's allowed to fully cure at the right temperature
before the birds are exposed to it.

Why do you feel the need to paint the inside of coop...need more light...add some windows?
Alright, I’ll keep that in mind when I paint them. Also, I want to paint the inside of the coop definitely to help with more light, and just for general decoration. I unfortunately can’t cut into the shed or it will crack, so I can’t really add more windows.

UPVC (plastic) paint primer spray first and paint will stick well then, used it on resin weatherboarding and window frames before three years later no flaking
That’s great! I’ll look into that for sure :) What kind of paint did you use on top of the primer?

Back
Top Bottom