Painting in the same room as incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rachelcb80, Nov 12, 2011.

1. rachelcb80

rachelcb80 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2011
    Mississippi
    My husband has scheduled a handy man to come out tomorrow and do some touch up work around our house. The laundry room, that my incubator is in, has a wall that needs some painting. Will the paint fumes be a problem at all for my eggs or is there no need to worry? If it will be a problem, how big of a deal is it to unplug and relocate the incubator right in the middle of incubation? It was kind of a pain to stabilize my incubator at this time of the year but I finally got things sorted out with it. I would be worried to relocate it and have temp swings with eggs in it.

2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I might move it to another room but if the plugs are in it may not make to much of a difference as it is just one wall and not the whole room being painted. Also can you leave the door open? I agree if you move it then you will have to get the temp stable again. I think you are ok.

3. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    If it is latex paint, I wouldn't worry about it but if the paint which will be used is oil based or a primer like Kilz, I'd do more research.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by