Painting Question ??? Inside the coop

UrbanChick101

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 9, 2010
Eastern Iowa
I posted a message earlier, although I don't think I titled it properly. I need to paint my feeding box (my husband built today) and the nesting boxes he is going to build tomorrow. Hopefully, our city will start letting us get permits within the week and we can get our 6 Buff Orpingtons at the same time. However, the little house we have for the girls is not painted inside, i have read some that YOU DO want to paint, it helps with moisture? And I have read something about painting with Lyme in the paint. Just wondering what the best paint is to use for the things that will be in the girls' coop. I would l ove any information one may have, especially about lyme or vinegar in the paint.

idunno.gif

Sorry I don't know...maybe someone will answer soon?

I'm just in the process of painting my coop! I'm using an interior/exterior latex paint, 2 coats of white, that I picked up for free at the chemical waste depot
big_smile.png
It's the best place to get free paint! In the spring when I need to do a deep clean, I can just hit it with a hose and some soap
smile.png

I don't know about the Lyme or vinegar either, but I would suggest Behr Premium Plus Exterior Satin Enamel, available from Home Depot. I think it is supposed to be primer and paint in one product. I used Utra Pure White on the coop I built this past May and I am overjoyed at the result. It is like a coat of armor on the wood. You will want to apply 3 coats on any surfaces that require periodic scrubbing.

Back
Top Bottom