Pair of 7 month old D'Uccle/Silkie mix cockerels - FREE & will deliver

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ZooMummzy, Aug 9, 2010.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Patrick and Hayden are 7 month old Black and Birchen D'Uccle/Silkie mix cockerels. Their hatch date was 1/5/2010, eggs from PamperedPoultry. These two guys are completely attached to one another (as strange as that sounds for roosters) so I would like it if they could go together to a new home but really would just like to find them good homes. They are mellow and friendly. We simply have too many roosters right now so I need to find them a new chicken loving home. Like all my chickens, they were raised as pets so I will only rehome them to a similar situation. This is a must. I am willing to work out local delivery/pickup with you but sorry, no shipping. I will be traveling to Vancouver, WA on 8/13 and Roseburg, OR on 8/19. I would be willing to deliver them to you on these days, anywhere in between here and there.

Please PM me if you'd like more information - do not hit the Buy button until you PM me since I need to know what type of home they will be going to first. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding [​IMG]

Note: these guys are from the Rumpless Roos thread here on BYC. They still have not grown/regrown any tail feathers.

Patrick
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hayden
    [​IMG]

2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    They are beautiful! They have to be the most interesting combo I have ever seen! Good luck!

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    They are adorable! [​IMG] What happened with their tails? I dont see any tails. [​IMG]

EDT: Patrick has a nicer comb than my pure black silkie roo!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  4. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Thank you everyone! No idea lol. I am not sure if they were picked out when they were younger or if they never grew any. I could never find any evidence of picking so I have to assume they never got tails. Even the person I bought the eggs from was very shocked. She has no idea how they became "rumpless" since she does not have any rumpless chickens!

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I can vouch for PamperedPoultry not having any 'rumpless' stock at her place [​IMG]

6. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I wish I was near you. I'd take them in a second.

7. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Yeah, it's the most bizarre thing, lol. We can't figure it out. I have a Blue D'Uccle/Silkie mix from her too and it also is rumpless. Now, his tail feathers were plucked as a teenager, but even though they are growing back, he still looks rumpless. All is feathers curl down, making him look like a little ball LOL

8. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Sigh. I get that a lot. Thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by