Pair of Bantam Mottled d'Uccles ~UPDATED~

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TK Poultry, Nov 23, 2010.

1. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I have a pair of Mottled d'Uccles for sale. I love them to death but I just want to focus on my Bantam Ameraucanas for a while to get established. I will probably get some of these awesome bantams again but for now I'll offer them for sale to you! They are about a year old. I've shown them once and they have been shown twice to my knowledge. 2 first and the Blue Mottled hen got BV. I don't have any chicks from them. I really don't want to ship them, I'm not quite comfortable with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oreo (the rooster) is a bit bloody in the picture but he was in a fight with a Black Ameraucana rooster.

FYI (edited to add) They are in much better condition now they have molted and things now! they have abundant foot feathers

~Update~
    I have decided to ship. You will need to send me the box of your choosing and the winner of the auction paypal me ASAP. I'm getting with my local PO for a shipping quote so I will PM or Email you with that quote or post it on here! Happy bidding... I'm going to go out and get new pics soon (tomorrow most likely)

Tyler

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  2. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    gorgeous color on that hen! what color would you call it?

3. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    sorry if u were closer id say yes and add him in with my mottled duccles what color is the hen ?

4. GypsyChic

GypsyChic Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    MO
    Gorgeous roo, shame you cant ship them...I'd be all ove them [​IMG] The hen appears to be blue mottled carring cream or lemon gene?? Pretty pair, someone will snatch them up I'm sure.

5. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    She's just a sun bleached blue mottled she is actually blue now. LOL I suppose I could ship but I'm really not sure the interworkings of shipping all that well

6. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    This sooooooooooo tempting!!!! [​IMG] Why must everything I want is in reach but I have no money?? [​IMG]

7. wildwoodcochins

wildwoodcochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Shipping is very easy, they just need to be in the proper shipping box, you can buy them at www.cutlersupply.com or sometimes, the buyer can mail you a box they already have. With it being cold, I supply a 72 hour heat pack (also at Cutler Supply for $1.95). They just go out through your post office, call to see when the last truck comes in for pick up so the birds don't sit at the post office all day. Drop them off just before the truck comes in. They are mailed 2nd day delivery. Supply the birds with clean shavings and I also give them fresh cut fruit to keep hydrated. I also put a little hay in there to nest/scratch in.
    Final tip: make sure the buyers name and phone #'s are marked on the box so they can be called as soon as the birds arrive.
    I was very leary of shipping at first but it really opens up your sales area if you know how to ship. It's really no harder than mailing a parcel as long as you have a shipping box! Hope this helps!!

8. TheFeatheredTempest

TheFeatheredTempest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    NW Illinois
    So the date stamped on the photo is not accurate? Is there a porcelain d'uccle behind them in that one photo? I'm over in IL, a few hours west from you. Have you reconsidered shipping? Do you know anyone who drives over this way?

9. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I have had a few remarks about the time stamp it is wrong! I took most of these pictures this summer right after I bought them. There is a porcelain d'Uccle in the picture but she has a new home now. I'm considering shipping but I'm still on the fence on the issue

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Who did you get these from? How does the hen lay?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by