Pair of Blue Orpington Chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SunChick, Jun 13, 2007.

1. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Ok I am downsizing a little...to make room for more! Offering as a pair, 1 cockeral and 1 pullet. Must go together. I am not shipping these. These two are 3 weeks old and still feathering out. They are from Julie Keeners birds and I am loving the weight of these babies...little pork chops umm I mean roasters LOL! A steal for $12.

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Where are you located?...What State?...

Tuff

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

To help your cause here, my Suede, the cockerel I posted in Breeds section, came from Julie Batchelor as well (I think Keener is her DH's name) So they can see how large these get-Suede is 8 lbs at 18 weeks old! They are nice birds!

4. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Im hoping your in CT!

5. SunChick

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    In Florida..sorry I should have posted that! Speckled hen has the best pics for these guys on how they turn out. Only reason these are going is because I got one of each color pullet, blue, splash, and black and a blue roo, so my future breeding pen is well stocked! [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You lucky thing! I have only hatched two pullets, both blue, which is great, but I have hatched two splash cockerels and one black cockerel. They are beautiful, hefty birds and well worth the price, people! I have my one extra cockerel, a splash in the 11 for $11 in BST only because I'm desperate to make some room in my coop, but I will cringe when he goes for that price.

7. SunChick

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I wasn't so lucky with the welsummmers 4 out of 5 were roos! Thought I would mention that the price is a BYC special. [​IMG] I am listing them higher on other posts and my feed store--in case some of you notice this elsewhere. You must be a BYC member for this price! As they get closer to laying age the price will go up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by