Pair of Calico Cochin bantams NO SHIPPING

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I have for sale one pair of calico Cochin bantams.

The hen, "Harriet" is two years old--VERY sweet and is a good mother. She is very small (about grapefruit size) but has good type.

The rooster is a year old and pretty feisty--not mean, but full of himself.

Together they are producing better than themselves but now my flock is getting too closely-related and because they have improved so much, I am going to part with my foundation stock to make room for these new generations.

Sorry but my local PO does not accept lives for shipping. You will need to make arrangements to pick up the pair in North/Central Washington or I can deliver for the cost of gas.

HEN:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ROO:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    DANG I wish you could ship! [​IMG] They are sooo pretty. With my luck if you could ship you wouldn't be NPIP. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  3. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Dang i wish you could ship too, they are just gorgeous. [​IMG]

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Thanks guys....yeah I can't ship. It's more than a 3 hour round trip to the nearest "large" city that I can ship from and I'd have to miss work on top of the drive time & gas money to drop them off....it's just not feasible. If they don't sell, I'll be offering hatching eggs from them this spring. Harriet just was "weaned" from her chick and she's already started laying again (two eggs in two days!)

5. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Must talk DH into a weekend trip to WA, LOL. If you are within 5 hours of Seattle (He LOVES Seattle), it is possible, but not Likely, LOL. Oooh, or if you are close to Eatonville, I have Family there. But he would probably look at me like I was crazy [​IMG]

Beautiful Birds! [​IMG]

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:When the passes are clear we're about 5 hours from Seattle. I have my parents in Portland though....and I'm going to Seattle next month. [​IMG]

7. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:When the passes are clear we're about 5 hours from Seattle. I have my parents in Portland though....and I'm going to Seattle next month. [​IMG]

LOL, He gave me the look I said he would [​IMG]

Plus Being 6 months pregnant, My hips hurt so bad, that I am in tears after 2 hours in the car, I doubt a 14 hour car ride is in my future [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by