Pair of D'uccles - roos or boy and girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by taprock, Jun 15, 2011.

1. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not sure how old these little ones are. I was told they were two weeks when I got them. That was a month ago. I think they are about two months now. I think they are a pair of roos my son says a boy and a girl. I have Polish so I'm not used to looking at combs. Chick one is always on the right side and Chick two is always on the left. These I'm ok either way. If it's two roos I have a home for one already ... but a pair would be nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I have 2 7 week olds and 1 is definitely a roo and the other still has a very tiny yellow comb, so my guess for yours is 2 roos.

3. Rin

Rin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2009
    Moonglade (EU)
    Pair of roos, sorry [​IMG] The combs on both of them are /huge/ and they both have that sleek rooster look.

4. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    2 roos sorry

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    2 roosters. Sorry.

6. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

I thought so. We started with four and lost the two girls from an unknown disease. They were much smaller than these two. Thanks for confirming. We have to decide now which little guy to keep.

7. Rin

Rin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2009
    Moonglade (EU)
    Quote:Yeah it's not an easy decision. I'm still trying to decide between four MF roosters over here to replace my old roo as head of my flock. Personality I've found to be most important really as they all pattern out the samish. Which is beautiful [​IMG]

8. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Post this on the D'Uccle thread. I am not sure, there is something about the one on the left that says little girl to me. Both sexes of this breed get combs fast and my D'Duccle male has a much larger comb than yours. [​IMG] Don't give one away yet until you receive more responses!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by