Pale comb? Is my chicken okay?

nekocafe

Chirping
May 24, 2022
Georgia
Hello! My Dominique chicken (6-7 months old) has a pale comb, she’s moving a little slower than usual lately too. Eating & drinking still, don’t think she’s laying anymore, had some poop stuck to the feathers on her butt today. I’ve added Nutridrench to the water just in case she needs extra vitamins. The rest of my flock is acting fine. What could be wrong and how can I help her?

I can attach a photo tomorrow.

Last edited:
On November 8th before her comb started going really pale.

Attachments

• D8F08E1B-BED4-450A-9A20-673EBEF4BBD9.jpeg
    D8F08E1B-BED4-450A-9A20-673EBEF4BBD9.jpeg
    997.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
A picture or two will always help. What temperature is it where you live? Is it abnormally cold or hot?
I attached a photo from a couple weeks ago when it started going pale - it’s much more pale now and her waddles are shrunken. It’s gotten cold down to 30s at night and 40-50s during the day. However the passed couple of days it’s been in the 60s. We live in GA and the temp has been fluctuating a lot.

Last edited:
I attached a photo from a couple weeks ago when it started going pale - it’s much more pale now and her waffles are shrunken. It’s gotten cold down to 30s at night and 40-50s during the day. However the passed couple of days it’s been in the 60s. We live in GA and the temp has been fluctuating a lot.
Have you checked her for mites or lice recently?

Does the comb color stay pale throughout the day or does it brighten and dim?
It looks pale regularly from what I’ve noticed. I can pay better attention to whether it brightens/dims. What are your thoughts so far? Also, thank you so much for helping! I’ll get a photo of my sweet girl in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom