Pale comb, sneezing, not eating...

a123andpoof

Songster
8 Years
Mar 17, 2011
I have one hen I have been watching for around a week at first she was just staying in the coop I figured that was fine there was snow on the ground and it was cold. Another chicken even stayed in with her. Well I continued to observe and the same results then I went out and noticed she was breathing funny and what sounded like sneezing. She is not eating she did eat yesterday and her comb is very pale. She did go outside yesterday and seemed fine, but this morning she is just standing by herself. Anyone know what could be wrong with her? Maybe like a cold or something? Oh and the breed of the hen is a red sex link I think and she is under a year old. And I don't know what her poo looks like or if shes drinking. Oh would like to add that as far as I know she is not laying. I have not seen her in a box.

Last edited:
I did put electrolytes is the water this morning. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? We are going to town soon and if she needs antibitotics it would be nice is we could find out now...

Back
Top Bottom