Pale comb today

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by l'abeille, Dec 13, 2009.

1. l'abeille

l'abeille Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    I have 2 6 mo old BAs that started laying about 2 weeks ago. This morning one has a pale orangey comb, seems fine otherwise. They are on layer pellets with small amounts of scratch, greens and worms from our vermicomposter (red wigglers) for treats. They have a nice, dry coop and an outdoor run that is kind of muddy but full of fall leaves for bedding. We've had a lot of rain here with more to come and they choose to stay outside in it some of the time. Today I put a tarp over most of their run.

Should I be worried? What precautions should I take? What should I look out for?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

l'abeille :

I have 2 6 mo old BAs that started laying about 2 weeks ago. This morning one has a pale orangey comb, seems fine otherwise. They are on layer pellets with small amounts of scratch, greens and worms from our vermicomposter (red wigglers) for treats. They have a nice, dry coop and an outdoor run that is kind of muddy but full of fall leaves for bedding. We've had a lot of rain here with more to come and they choose to stay outside in it some of the time. Today I put a tarp over most of their run.

Should I be worried? What precautions should I take? What should I look out for?

Thanks for your help!

I can't help much, but will say that sometimes I have hen's comb be pale seems to pass later that day or the next.

Imp​

3. l'abeille

Oct 16, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    thanks--that's a relief!

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I hope they are OK.

Imp

5. l'abeille

Oct 16, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    they look good today! it must've passed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by