Pale Comb

LoveThemBirds

Songster
Feb 23, 2015
Petting Buffy Like a Dog
Hey there guys!

I finally made it to my grandparents house my hens live and,I notice Banshee,my favorite hen,has a pale comb.For a while it was red,then sometimes it just turns to,pale.I thought it might be Cocci,but then it occured to me,she was not falling over etc,and I do not think it's Mareks disease.They do have mites,but i just now treated the whole bottom floor,and the roost (Almost all of it),and another place they sleep,on the nest boxes on wood.Hopefully this powder,Natural Gaurd gets on them when they sleep,but for now,why might hens comb be turning Pale?

Thanks,all info appreciated!

If your birds have mites...the ONLY effective solution is to use chemicals...either Sevin dust 5 percent or Permethrin powder...a pale comb can indicate that lice or mites are debilitating the health of your flock...

When did you last de-worm your flock ? A worm problem can also cause such symptoms...

Diatomaceous Earth is mentioned in "Natural Guard"...it is NOT effective in treating a mite/lice infestation...please consider using a product that will eradicate any lice/mites problem that may be affecting your flock..ask anyone here who is experienced in treating lice/mites...try Dawg53 or casportpony and eggcessive...

Respectfully...

Suzie

Back
Top Bottom