pale combs

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by snowflake, Nov 27, 2009.

1. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    My hens are molting is a pale comb normal at this time? I free range my chicks & feed laying crumbles scratch grain sunflower seed, most nights I give them a treat of yogurt oat meal and what ever kitchen scraps usually an apple core or two veggies ect. I have orpingtons sussex Easter eggers and Brahmas born late Feb. wormed with wazine and Ivermectin in late Sept. other than the pale comb especially on the Sussex , they seem OK:/

2. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    It could be a result of molting. Sometimes my hens have paleish combs and I get a little worried. I usually rub some vaseline on their combs and they turn red and bright again. Check for any other signs of illness, and if that is the only thing, it might be normal. Good luck!

3. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    Thank you , I was hopping it might be just the molt. I will try the vaseline . They seem healthy , are eating and running withe the others ,ect. the rooster look great. my Sussex seem to be molting more then the others and they are the palest. Thanks again ![​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by