1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

pallet question, joining 2x4

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by rodneycrypto, Nov 18, 2014.

1. rodneycrypto

rodneycrypto Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2014
    Metairie,LA
    Im about to start construction of my run. Got a great plan from ana-white.com but want to use pallets. It calls for 12ft 2x4s. I was thinking i could take the 2x4s off the pallets and join them together to get my 12ft. Is this possible?

2. CliffB

CliffB Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Get a reciprocating saw and a 8 or 10" metal cutting blade. It'll make things significantly easier.

3. rodneycrypto

Oct 3, 2014
    Metairie,LA
    Ive got a sawzall is that the same? Do i use glue or screws or what, i have zero woodworking experience, lol

4. Primo

Primo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Texas
    Nails or screws. For small projects I prefer screws. To prevent splitting when screwing at the ends of the boards, drill a pilot hole first. If using nails,blunt the tip of the nail first by tapping it with the hammer.

5. CliffB

Oct 5, 2014
    Georgia
    If all else fails just stick with a 3" wood screw. If there is a Home Depot near you buy Spax brand screws. They do all of the work for you.

6. rodneycrypto

Oct 3, 2014
    Metairie,LA
    Cool. Home depot right up the street. Will check those out

7. CliffB

Oct 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Also by the way my sister lives right across the bridge in Algiers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by