Pallet/Reclaimed Wood Coop and Run - final product!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mommabice, Apr 4, 2012.

1. mommabice

mommabice Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2012
    Mississippi
    My Coop
    Okay folks, here it is! The only thing we may change is the "door", right now it is just chicken wire we stretch over nails. We don't have critters, and they are inside another six foot fence, so we think it is is "okay" for now.

[​IMG]

Here is what we spent: $40 on wood, $30 on three sheets of tin for the roof, $25 for roll of chicken wire, $5 for deck screws, $5 for old cabinet door from junk shop, $20 on paint. The rest is pallets and reclaimed wood for the fence and structure.

Here is the inside:

[​IMG]

The nest box is an old head board. :) The water and food are outside now. The girls are seven weeks old this week.

2. mommabice

mommabice Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2012
    Mississippi
    My Coop
    Oh, and I am going to add some art and cuteness to it later. [​IMG]

3. tyjaco

tyjaco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Cloverdale, CA
    Thats VERY nice!! I bet your girls are happy!

good job!

4. henryholub

henryholub Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Altus
    I did something similar with mine. The entire fence for the run is 40x48 pallets stood upright to make a 4 foot tall fence. Screwed together from the sides, they make a solid, very decorative fence. My wife and I are actually going to do the same thing, except turned on its side, to make a half-fence to enclose our back porch. Pallets are amazing and free

5. tyjaco

tyjaco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Cloverdale, CA
    henryholub-
    Do you have any pictures of your fence? I'd like to do this too, but need some ideas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by