I actually found it kinda difficult to find examples of roosts made from pallets, especially when considering something that was going to go in a hoop coop, so it basically needed to stand on its own. So, I collected a couple of pallets from the local hardware store and just made it up as I went LOL. Here's what I came up with: I used one pallet for the back, that would stand upright. I took one of the planks that I pulled off and screwed it to the top. I also want to note that I sanded the surfaces of the planks before putting in place. I took two of the sturdier boards from the other pallet and attached them to create the angle where I would put the smaller planks on. I didn't measure anything. I made "educated" guesses on my cuts and then used one or three as a template for the others. I also guessed on where I was screwing the roost planks in lol. I used a vice to help hold one end up while I worked on getting it level and secured. I dragged the roost into their run for them to get used to. One thing I did is where the angle posts meet the back frame, I only put one (deck) screw in each board so the roost section moves a little bit. I needed to do that if I had any hope of getting it IN the coop. Finally dragged the new roost in this morning. I can't get the old one out since husband doesn't remember what type of screw he used and I can't get a grip on them with the drill to get the one horizontal plank out. So, it'll stay in there until I feel like messing with it again lol. We had recycled some little ladders from the coop that existed on the property before, but the birds couldn't really use them with the old ladder. I decided to move them and give little "gang planks" to the boxes. I'll be keeping my eye on that cracked board on the back of the roost. She was clearly amused... I used a regular screw here (was being lazy) to help keep the little ladders from sliding. So far so good. They are screwed into the front of the nest box with deck screws.