Palpate bunny? babies or aliens?

luvzmybabz

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Quote:OK Babs is due today and I gopt a good feel of her Saturday when I cleaned her cage. I sure thought I felt buns in that oven. Today I watched her resting and if not buns then something alien has taken over I added a nest box when I cleaned. She has been lazing around since I cleaned her cage using the nest box to sleep. On her last litter she was SUPER nice, the morning before she kindled at noon she wanted a bunch of love but had pulled fur the evening before now nothing. Sunday was 28 days I usually plan for 30 which is today am I just being over protective? She is panting like a dog that ran a marathon. She is in the house so I know it is not too hot.

Is there anything else I should look for?

arllcountrygirl

lavender nutt
11 Years
Sep 27, 2008
Delight, Arkansas
My Coop
Try not to disturb her too much. Sometimes they just need their space. Be careful with movin the nest box and moving her to a different pen. If you rearrange things or move he into a diff pen close to her due date - it can cause them to stress sometimes. Which will cause a doe to wait. Doesn't happen very often but does happen all the same.

Keep us updated.
Amanda

luvzmybabz

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Nothing yet just feed her and tried to check her gut gently but she was not having it. I sure hope my brain is not playing games with me making me thing I see and feel things that are not there. The night after I breed her the 2 bucks got out and my hubby says he has seen one of them a couple of times since out in the back of our 2.5 acres but I think he may be fuill of it. I have gone to a few auctions looking for a decent buck since then and have not found squat. Figures when I don't need one I see them everywhere.

feathersgalore

Songster
11 Years
Sep 4, 2008
Central Ohio
When I first started breeding rabbits, I had a breeder tell me to feed fresh parsley to overdue moms. I've done it a few times (I don't know if it was the parsley or they were just ready).

luvzmybabz

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
I will see if I can talk hubby into picking some up on his way home. Just pecked in on her and she has poo that was kinda odd. Pellets about 1/3 to 1/4 normal size but a number of them clustered together like a large blackberry about 1 inch long?

Top Bottom