Pamona-CA looking for chicks or chickens to replace a eggbound girl

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Bock_Bock, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    well here is the story i had my chicks posted on craigslist for sale and i get a call from a teacher in Pamona CA, well a couple days ago she took her chicken to the vet because her hen pullet was eggbound she payed 700 dollars to get this fixed, but last night when she went out to put them back in the pen for the night, she had noticed she lost her hen. She asked me if i had any for her but right now i do not, she has 1 rhode island red left that is just devistated. She said these are for real pets as you see her paying 700 for the vet bill, she doesnt care about egg production. She was just looking for eathier pullets around 9 months so they will be ok with her one remaining hen, but must be totally friendly as these are pets, or she would do the whole "chicks thing" over again to make sure they are friendly. so please if you live by Pamona, CA please let me know and i will try to get her in contact with you, i could tell she was just devistated about this.
    Thank you so much for reading
    Robert

2. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Check with Chef. I think he is out that way, and if nothing else might be able to point her in the right direction.

3. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    thank you so much

4. Chef

Chef Chicken Connoisseur

Dec 16, 2008
    So.Cal
    Robert sorry to hear about your friends hen. I am in Pomona and have RIR's but i dont have any at the age your asking about. I have chicks that are about 4 weeks right now and I just put another batch in the bator. How many is she looking for? If she wants to start with chicks again I could most likely help her out.

Chef

5. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    she was looking for 3 chicks she was just wondering if she could contact you or i could get your number for her, she said she can wait till the new chicks hatch as she will be building onto her coop to accommodate the new chicks, i will send you another email

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by