Panda & Her Blue Buddy...plus one...

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Sorry they aren't the best photos, but DH was too busy to be Chick Wrangler for the night. Panda is the daughter of my Barred Rock rooster, Zane and my Blue Ameraucana, Charlotte. She has a pea comb, and her feathers aren't exactly barred, but tipped in white, laced actually. She's a real cutie, I think. Her little blue buddy is a bantam Cochin from the feedstore and she also has a cute little GLW friend, but her friends don't have names yet.
If you have any idea of the sex of the little Cochin, please speak up. He/she is four weeks old.
DCP_0382.jpg

DCP_0380.jpg

DCP_0381.jpg

DCP_0384.jpg

DCP_0388.jpg

DCP_0384.jpg

DCP_0383.jpg

I can't wait to see how Panda feathers out! I bet she is going to be a beauty! In the first pic it looks like she has puffy cheeks, but not so much in the other pics.

Panda looks just like my Lucy. She's adorable. Lucy's momma died but I had some of her eggs in the bator and I got a chick.
smile.png
Her momma was an Australorp but I have no clue what roo was the father as I bought her at a swap meet and put the eggs in the bator on a whim thinking she could have been bred before I got her. I'm sad I lost the mother but glad I got the chick even if I have no clue what the chick is.

I love Panda and her little blue friend. I went back and tried searching for pics of my cochins (although giant size)to compare and hopefully that is a hen.

So sweet! Hey, I was going to tell you, I read something over the weekend that said Charlotte's babies should lay colored eggs. That trait is dominant. So I'm hoping my little Beth will give us some greenies!
fl.gif
Do you know, if she's got others out there at laying age, what they're laying?

Back
Top Bottom