Panic At The Disco.. NO humidity!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by britsngrits, Mar 24, 2011.

1. britsngrits

britsngrits Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2011
    WV
    Crap-A-Dap!!! I had given up on the eggs that were 4 days over due. I forgot to throw them out today when I went to walk over to the incubator to toss them surprise... there was a very irritated chick chirping away!

It's my first. Yes... I'm a proud momma... but a very, very bad one just the same. I just realized the water tray had gone dry. How could I let that happen? I guess I had just given up. The eggs I found in our square hay baler and had no idea how old they were so since I couldn't eat them I thought I would try my hand at the new incubator.

Everyone goes on and on and on about humidity and now I've really goofed it up! I feel awful.

I put water in the tray and I have 2 more that are pipping. One of them has only just poked a hole through the 3rd has gone over half way round the egg.

I am a bad mother. Once they hatch how long should I leave them in the tray? I have 3 day old chicks from a hatchery I could move them in with but when is the right time?

Signed,
    Very, Very Bad Mom:rolleyes:

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Since your already have a 3 day old chick. I would wait until these have fluffed up and are strong enought to walk around and then put them in with the other chick. They should be fine together. Congrats on your hatch.

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    X 2 Congrats. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by