Panic! Problem at Meyer Hatchery made me change breeds :(

LizzzyJo

Show me the data 👩🏼‍🔬
5 Years
Dec 14, 2018
The Great Black Swamp, Ohio
Hi All,

I spent 6 months looking forward to my newest chick order and my first roo (Black Jersey Giant). I wanted a HUGE, docile, pet rooster for my girls. I did all of the research in the world to make my decision. Now, Meyer just called to say that none of their Jersey eggs are viable. I also had to swap out my planned speckled sussex girl for a wyandotte, but that matters less to me.
Under DURESS, I chose a Buff Brahma roo. The hatchery was SO NICE and helpful, but I am just so disappointed. To change in 20 seconds something that I took months to decide is hard. And my 1 rooster is a big decision.
Did I make the right call? Are they handsome birds in person? Are they nice? Will he look as big and impressive as a BJG?

I think the Buff Brahma roo will win your heart. Your BJG will be a fading memory soon. I had a Light Brahma roo and he was BIG and HANDSOME and eventually a great guy. Big, big, big. show stopper. I just canceled my order of Buff Brahmas because it was wishful thinking on my part. I just ran out of room. I had to sadly give my boy away. I am happy for you. :D:thumbsup
Sept 6 2018 061.jpg
Sept 6 2018 146.jpg
Sept 6 2018 065.jpg

PS. He was still pretty young and still growing at time of these photos. He was a handsome sweetheart. <3

Here’s a few photos of my blue buff columbian Brahma cockerels
Zues and Hercules.

This is Zeus
View attachment 1644898 View attachment 1644900 View attachment 1644901 View attachment 1644902 View attachment 1644903 View attachment 1644904

Hercules
View attachment 1644899

Brahmas are very quiet, friendly and docile, they really are “gentle giants”
I’m planning on breeding mine this year
My goodness, a bunch of stunning beauties in chicken paradise :love .

Back
Top Bottom