Panicking about silkie's growth

PaulaMc

Chirping
Oct 29, 2016
Bolton, England

Hi all

Only noticed this when bathing my babies today. What do you think the weird growth and multi-coloured wattle is please? Bridget seems fine otherwise. Thanks.

No need to be worried. That is the bird's earlobe. Silkies are supposed to have very bright turquoise colored earlobes.

Hi Paula

Are you referring to her comb? Because silkies have black skin, their comb is often a deep mulberry colour and I think they are supposed to have a walnut comb or some unusual shape, so I'm guessing that is what you are worrying about. As the other posted said, ear lobes are supposed to be a beautiful turquoise colour and you can see a little of that colour starting to appear on hers.

Regards

Barbara

Hi Paula

Are you referring to her comb? Because silkies have black skin, their comb is often a deep mulberry colour and I think they are supposed to have a walnut comb or some unusual shape, so I'm guessing that is what you are worrying about. As the other posted said, ear lobes are supposed to be a beautiful turquoise colour and you can see a little of that colour starting to appear on hers.

Regards

Barbara

Hi Paula

Regards

Barbara
Hi Barbara

Is the comb on their face? The other two look nothing like this? This looks almost bloody. Please look at the pics close up.

Thanks Paula x

Yes, the comb is on the top of their head/forehead. Here is a picture of my Silkie rooster's comb. It is completely normal for them to have a dark red undertone.

OMG! Thanks so much for this but is it also normal for a hen? And why do my other two not have it, please? Sorry for so many questions but the other two silkies look normal but have a dry looking face. Many, many thanks x

Hi Paula

Regards

Barbara

Thanks sweetie.

Thought she had cancer. the other two are not like that though. Their faces are dry and lobes white.
Should I worry about them?

x

Back
Top Bottom