Panorama - Poor America on You tube

I just watched it and man how depressing. It's unfortunate the poor must be made into political pawns by politicians. Not the fault of the children to be born into such poverty. When the lady who worked in the school cafeteria said she would catch kids taking masses of ketchup home so they could mix it with water to make ketchup soup... just wow. I couldn't imagine. We treat our prison population better than our poor.

Going to watch it.Shame on the politicians spending/wasting millions to get us to vote them in office. I would vote for the person who donated their millions to these poor kids.

ALL foreign aid should be held immediately! Additionally, for as long as we have ONE citizen who cannot find work, ONE child who has nothing to eat, ONE citizen who is homeless, NO MORE FOREIGN AID!
old.gif

Just remember, though.... Politicians GIVE you nothing....... In order to do so requires that funds be TAKEN from other citizens (Taxation) to satisfy the promise.

The only thing politicians provide are "entitlements" that WILL be used as a club to beat the population over the head every election.......

How about the $800 million that the President has promised to the new regime in Egypt....... Islamic extremists.....

Or the tax dollars being given to the Taliban to open a liaison office in Dubai by the State Department????

I wonder how many American families that would have fed..... How much more of our tax monies will be squandered?????

It is a shame that it is the kids that have to suffer. America is the land of opportunity if one is willing to work for it, but so many of the poor in our country are unwilling to work to get ahead in life. We provide way too many hand outs and not enough hand ups.

I've spent time in the third world and have seen poverty. The poor people there are willing to work hard and do whatever they can to make a better life for themselves because they don't have the safety nets that we have here. Above all they do recognize one fact. Education is the most important thing.

I've lived a large part of my life in the poverty level and been around the American "poor" and for the most part found that most are unwilling to try to lift themselves out of their situation because it would take too much work. This isn't India where we have a caste system working against people. If someone wants to get a GED there are a myriad resources available to help them get it at no cost. The same goes for community colleges. It just takes work.

Like I said it is a shame that kids are the ones that suffer but at some point poor people do need to be held accountable for their place in life and the onus of providing for themselves needs to begin with them.

I'd rather see the money they do take from us used to care for our own citizens, then to help rebuild cities in countries that we bombed cause they attacked us or something...

Well put, bakerjw.....

I too feel for the poor. I also grew up poor..... (Can you say linoleum over dirt dirt floors and outdoor "shower-house"????)

Most foreign "Aid" is intercepted by the receiving regime and misappropriated for military or other uses that keep the current dictator in power..... and continue to starve his own people for publicity sake...

Look at Zimbabwe..... Kenya.... El Salvador.... etc.

Let the churches and private entities take care of that issue and leave the government out of it!

Back
Top Bottom