Panting

Meme28

Chirping
May 13, 2021
We have a 10 week old female ? She was panting alot 2 days ago and extending her wings down while flexing her butt. Now she is flexing her butt very fast

We have a 10 week old female ? She was panting alot 2 days ago and extending her wings down while flexing her butt. Now she is flexing her butt very fast
How is your pullet? I'm sorry that you haven't had any responses to this post. I would try giving her some Nutri-Drench and put electrolytes in her water every other day. If you have a vet who can do a float test, I'd get one done.
Best of luck with your pullet!

Sounds like egg binding. Is she waking like a penguin? I would insert a gloved finger into the vent and look for an egg - carefully as to not break it. A warm epsom salt bath may help relax her muscles and work the egg out.

Sounds like egg binding. Is she waking like a penguin? I would insert a gloved finger into the vent and look for an egg - carefully as to not break it. A warm epsom salt bath may help relax her muscles and work the egg out.
Is she old enough for that to happen?

How is your pullet? I'm sorry that you haven't had any responses to this post. I would try giving her some Nutri-Drench and put electrolytes in her water every other day. If you have a vet who can do a float test, I'd get one done.
Best of luck with your pullet!
I have probiotics and electrolytes in the water. She is not panting now or limping but does still stop and pulse her behind.

She isn't old enough to lay so it isn't egg binding.
I would encourage you to get a float test because of the tail twitching.
If she isn't pooping, I'd give her a little coconut oil with a syringe. Make sure you hold her mouth open just enough to see what your doing and just put it in the side of her mouth to avoid aspiration her. You may need help with this.
Are there any signs of a respiratory problem? Runny eyes, sneezing, coughing, hoarse voice?

Back
Top Bottom