Pics
Cookie mix leftovers = breakfast this ‘morning

Just over 2 cup’s oatmeal
Just over 1 1/2 cups crushed walnuts
~1/8 cup of the purple bag with Cacao nibs
~1/3 cup coconut flakes
Something close to 3 cups water…
F349AABE-E9F2-4261-96F5-7909EA734C81.jpeg

Added butter, a little sugar & unsweetened apple sauce….

Just the right sweetness….

Okay. This is full tilt lame-o-rama Mac-n-cheese with several tweaks.

1st Chopped up the prosciutto & leftover chicken rotisserie
Added a sizable amount of oil to the instapot to seriously coat the scratched up bottom - so nothing hopefully sticks.

Added the condensed milk and water for the cheeses powder to soak up and the noodles to soak in. Then poured the cream of mushroom soup and the can of sweet peas (did not drain them). Finally tossed the chopped up meat and let it cook in “rice” mode. Then let it sit on “keep warm” for a couple hrs before I can finally eat it.

Verdict? Yeah. It’ll do. Nothing award winning here. Kids will likely still gobble this up. The cheesy “flavor” is just as I recall typical boxed Mac-n-cheese growing up. Glad I added the other stuff. I will likely experiment with this and scrambled eggs & salsa tomorrow… because? Not gonna waste the meat.
D3CA1EE6-ED04-44FD-8A96-FF066D86DF59.jpeg

199D981D-A489-473B-85C0-A5E94F49C23D.jpeg

Salvaging the day for my soul with distractions and trying to solve a minor mystery… where did “Mom’s recipe Box” go to? Specifically where is that wonderful Chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe at?

For over a week now I had web searched for chocolate chip cookie recipes. Whittled it down to 6 and wrote them all on a sheet of paper to prepare to amalgamate them into one recipe…. Unless I find Mom’s before hand.

After meditating and visualizing a couple time this week. Found it about 3-something this afternoon! After dusting it off and carefully going through the catalogued cubbies of stuff. Found it!!!

So Grampa D gave it to Mom Xmas of ‘94 (date stamp picture of when he finished building it for her). He passed away in my arms 3 years later. It was the most awesome peaceful experience of my life. When Mom passed “in my arms” that midnight Dec/06 in the hospital- that was a Very close 2nd. To feel the spirit around and float through me it was so wonderful.

So anyways…. The cookie dough still needs to be made. Then refrigerated. To give some background to this recipe, need to roll back that “Way back machine Mr. Peabody” to one of the summers from 1979-1982 when we lived Nextdoor to Baba & Grampa. It was a typical summer weekday. Mom & Dad had already gone to work. It was late in the morning. We had fed Miste, Marcy & Candy & ate our breakfast too.

Time to make the usual double batch of Chocolate chip Oatmeal cookies! Got everything out started to put it into the giant stainless steel bowl. Got about half way through and realized we forgot to get the eggs outta the fridge…. Oops. No eggs. So, Mike & I decided to just finish putting the mix together and stick it in the fridge & then call Mom. So we did and asked her to stop by Meijer’s Thrifty Acre’s on her way home to get plenty of eggs. She was like, “why???” So we told her we had started the double batch and discovered there were no eggs. So we explained to her that we finished mixing it up and covered it in the fridge.

Something happened and we did put the eggs in the dough and the electric blender was really working… no, straining hard to mix the cold dough and the eggs together. Once mixed we decided to wait and bake them the next day and we went out to play in the lake some more.

That batch came outta the oven like normal. We ziplocked 1/2 and froze it like usual. The next day when we had a cookie we noticed that it was still soft.

So a week goes by and both parents ask about the cookies being so soft. I said this seems to be because the eggs were added last. Every other time they end up crispy. So next time we make them Mom watched us and we added the eggs last then, like normal put it in the fridge & baked them later. Sure enough soft again. And stayed soft about 2 weeks as well.

This became a kinda fun challenge like situation when Mom said this little mistake had created a better cookie then she’d ever done with this recipe.
So I’ll likely bake them this weekend sometime. Just *NOT during peak afternoon AC hours*…. Sheeessh.

So without further rambling here’s the photo essay.
View attachment 3162069

View attachment 3162068

View attachment 3162070

View attachment 3162071

View attachment 3162072
Forgot to update here…. So here’s the cookies in the “Memory lane” cookie jar Mom got at a art festival back in the late 70’s.
4E309E49-AEBA-4903-A90C-733C6B3FA81D.jpeg

Tonight’s soup conglomeration is a solid success.

Leftover ground sausage chopped up into small cubes

Bag of frozen peas
Can of carrot’s cubed
Can of black beans
Can of chopped greens

2C734509-100D-46CD-8B7B-50FD83B97CF1.jpeg

Instapot on “steamed veggies” mode…
Let “stay warm” for 2+ hours before I got to taste it… yupppers. Glad I’ll have leftover of this to go in freezer in single Tupperware.

Tonight’s soup conglomeration is a solid success.

Leftover ground sausage chopped up into small cubes

Bag of frozen peas
Can of carrot’s cubed
Can of black beans
Can of chopped greens

View attachment 3175571

Instapot on “steamed veggies” mode…
Let “stay warm” for 2+ hours before I got to taste it… yupppers. Glad I’ll have leftover of this to go in freezer in single Tupperware.
I really like that table top!

Back
Top Bottom