Papa Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ayeitsmeme, Mar 12, 2017.

1. ayeitsmeme

ayeitsmeme Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2016
    North Carolina
    So the boys have decided that since the chicks and ducklings have arrived at TSC and everyone is getting baby duck fever that they should have some babies as well. They haven't quite got the whole mating thing down yet being that squeak grabs on to my other drake creamer when he grabs onto a chicken so they all 3 go running around to find me so I can free the chicken and creamer haha. That being said this has not discouraged my boys from trying to hatch some 'chucks', since the deadbeat hens are not doing it for them. As I was tucking my hens in one night, they decided that they should roll the eggs under their belly so that they could stand at the water bowl and play with their eggies under their belly. They are really trying to be good papa ducks lol, I keep telling them I'm taking the eggs in to incubate but idk if they believe me lol. I got some videos of them a few days later when the goobers were trying to roll that batch under their tummy (not the greatest but you'll get the gist).[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thought that it was too cute not to share. Squeak is the mallard and Creamer is my khaki Campbell (He recently got over a case of bumble foot, whoever posted on this site to use iodine was so helpful!) Anyway if you read and watched the videos hopefully it was cute and not a waste of time haha (I always feel they're adorable so I'm a bad judge)

2. Poultrylord

Poultrylord Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2016
    Hollis Center, Maine
    What a rare find!

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    X2!!

4. QuackSpeak

QuackSpeak Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2017
    Cute!!

5. Krazyquilts

Krazyquilts Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

So cute!! :love

6. ayeitsmeme

ayeitsmeme Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2016
    North Carolina
    Thank you! They are such funny little guys and they definitely have mating season figured out haha.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by