Paraiso ( Lost Spannish Breed)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HENRI, Jul 7, 2011.

1. HENRI

HENRI Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2011
    Hi everyone like to ask if anyone herd anything about this breed here in the States the name Paraiso its a breed wich was made in Spain and was presented in Paris in 1920 and was reconised as a breed.
    The breed was made from Orpinton male with Catalana both white, there ofsprings were then crossed with rhode island whites then the main strain was formed and crossing and crossing until the standard was finaly made.
    The farm were the NEW BREED took its name is PARAISO its in the Catalan region and the Professor was Don. Salvador Castello , he had a poultry investigacion and developing school, and a made a great new breed and it was a dual purpose breed.
    <script src='http://img809.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=paraiso2.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>[​IMG]</noscript>

2. HENRI

HENRI Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2011
    Hi im trying to recover the breed here in spain by following and selecting the parent stock intrucctions,it takes about 8 years before we can see the first Paraiso , but i think its worth
    a try,
    henri.

3. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Quote:Keep on working on that and keep us updated.

Seguir trabajando en eso y nos mantienen al día. (Used a translator, I don't know Spanish).

4. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Wow, that looks like it would make a really good meat bird.

5. sebastopol

sebastopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Basque Country, Spain
    Quote:Good luck with the project, Henri!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by