1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Parakeet food for my chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by goatkeepers, Apr 1, 2008.

1. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Songster

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    We were just at Petsmart and I was wondering if our 13 day old RIR chicks can eat those stick treats for Parakeets? I bought some, just in case y'all say yes. [​IMG] I didn't see why not but figured I'll better make sure before I hang it in their cage. What about those Millet sticks (branches?)?
    Thanks guys!

2. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:Why?

I mean, the basic ration is all they need. They might prefer some green veg to peck at if they want extra. Broccoli is good [​IMG]

3. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Songster

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Just as a treat.. To keep them occupied. [​IMG] I got one of those suet feeders and put broccoli and banana pieces in it but they aren't touching it.

4. mommy9994

mommy9994 Songster

Mar 10, 2008
    central VA
    I would think it'd be fine. I know the millet is, I've heard that you should hang it up, so that they won't trample it.

5. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Songster

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Thank you. I figured for sure the millett would be, but like I said, I'd rather be safe. [​IMG] I'll hang the parakeet treats in there for them, hopefully they'll like them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by