Parakeet shows? Anywhere?

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Pretty Birdie, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Pretty Birdie

Pretty Birdie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Okay. I have been looking all over the web and can't find anything! I am looking for a place to show my American budgie, but I only found one page on parakeet shows, and that was for English budgies. I live in Austin, TX, and I have a one green dark factor recessive pied budgie that I think is show quality. I also think having the experience would be nice, since I've never been to a show before. If anyone has any info on parakeet shows in/near Austin, that info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. Pretty Birdie

Pretty Birdie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Does anyone have any ideas?

3. DuckRaiser

DuckRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2013
    Elmira Oregon
    My Coop
    I don't know![​IMG] I've been looking also but it shows junk[​IMG]. As in things I don't really care about. I hope I find something soon[​IMG].

4. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    I dont think you can show americans? not sure englishes are mostly bred to be big show birds though

5. DuckRaiser

Jun 8, 2013
    Elmira Oregon
    My Coop
    What do you mean? I meant in ANY state.[​IMG]

6. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Only shows I know are for english they should make one for americans I have allot of rare ones. That could win. Lol

7. DuckRaiser

Jun 8, 2013
    Elmira Oregon
    My Coop
    Well I hope my Parakeets aren't jealous but I AM going to show a call duck![​IMG]

8. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    None of my chickens ducks or geese are show quality. Lol

9. DuckRaiser

Jun 8, 2013
    Elmira Oregon
    My Coop
    I kind of think it's just about having fun[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Synthem

Synthem Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    The one bird show that I know takes place regularly in Texas is the Canary & Finch Society annual bird show, and it's not just for canaries and finches. Perhaps it would be worth looking into? The final call for registration has passed for this year, I believe, as the show is actually next Saturday, October 12th. It's open to the public and I myself am going, just to shop and network and enjoy myself. You can get more information about the Canary & Finch Society 18th Annual Bird Show here.

I am not sure if you can show budgies and other parakeets, but according to the website people will be showing parrots. Since parrot is sometimes used as an umbrella term that includes parakeets, it might be worth looking into for next year. If not, I would say continue to be vigilant with your google search! and even more importantly, network! Sometimes these things travel better by word of mouth. If you have a local bird specialty store or are on chatting terms with any breeders, perhaps try asking them. c:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by