Paralyzed hen

Sounds like she has Marek's disease especially If she's eating and continues to decline.
Unfortunately a vet wouldn't be able to 'fix' Marek's either.

All you can do is make sure she's getting enough water and nutrition and see if she gets better. If not consider ending her suffering.

Been on b12 Nutri drench and vitamins with elytralites

we started her on b12 Nutri drench and vitamins with elytralight
Try giving her B-Complex as suggested.

You mention B12 and Nutri-Drench with electrolytes.
B12 is not a complex it's Cobalamin
Nutri-Drench does not contain B2 (Riboflavin).
Look at your Electrolytes ingredients, probably does not contain B2 (Riboflavin).

Please, tell us what you feed your pullets.

Very well could be disease like Marek's, but in an off chance it's vitamin B2 deficiency, it would be good to actually get some B2 into her to see if she improves.

Human vitamin B complex 1/4 to 1/2 tablet daily is something I would try in case of vitamin B2 deficiency.

Lack of vitamin B, particularly B2, can cause leg paralysis in chickens.
That may not be the cause of your hen’s problems but vitamin B is readily available as a human supplement and is very safe to give.
That makes it a no-regret treatment to try. If it fails, no harm done. It is water soluble so you can give it in mash or in drinking water or both. It can take a week to have an effect.
Got her on vitamin and elytrlites and Nutri drench and b 12 I dunno 🤷‍♀️

You mention B12 and Nutri-Drench with electrolytes.
B12 is not a complex it's Cobalamin
Nutri-Drench does not contain B2 (Riboflavin).
Look at your Electrolytes ingredients, probably does not contain B2 (Riboflavin).

Please, tell us what you feed your pullets.

Very well could be disease like Marek's, but in an off chance it's vitamin B2 deficiency, it would be good to actually get some B2 into her to see if she improves.
will the b complex work as well ? Having trouble finding b2 will order online if cvs doesn’t have it
And will the b2 undo her paralyzed state or am I prolonging her to not have a normal life

Got her on vitamin and elytrlites and Nutri drench and b 12 I dunno 🤷‍♀️

will the b complex work as well ? Having trouble finding b2 will order online if cvs doesn’t have it
And will the b2 undo her paralyzed state or am I prolonging her to not have a normal life
B complex should contain B2 (aka riboflavin). Just check the label.
I don’t know if vitamin deficiency is what is causing your hen’s problem, but if it is, then the supplement should reverse the paralysis.
Just be aware you are giving it a go - we don’t have a definitive diagnosis. But vitamin B is very safe so it is a good thing to try.

B complex should contain B2 (aka riboflavin). Just check the label.
I don’t know if vitamin deficiency is what is causing your hen’s problem, but if it is, then the supplement should reverse the paralysis.
Just be aware you are giving it a go - we don’t have a definitive diagnosis. But vitamin B is very safe so it is a good thing to try.
Ty I’m willing to give anything a try at this point
I started standing her up up and moving her legs there not as bad as they were
Taking it day by day
It’s been about three weeks now she’s a fighter for sure
Hopefully cvs will have something
Been to Walmart. Kroger foodlion
Cvs last resort before ordering
Ty again you’ve helped me a lot ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Yes, you can give B- Complex.

There's no way any of us can know if the B vitamins will undo her state or not. Worth a try.

Only you can determine if it's time to let her go. If that's what is decided, then getting testing/necropsy will give you answers.

Photos of the pullet and her poop?

Do you have video of her in action? Upload the video to youtube and provide a link.

1663555054491.png

Ty I’m willing to give anything a try at this point
I started standing her up up and moving her legs there not as bad as they were
Taking it day by day
It’s been about three weeks now she’s a fighter for sure
Hopefully cvs will have something
Been to Walmart. Kroger foodlion
Cvs last resort before ordering
Ty again you’ve helped me a lot ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Can we chat off here as i need some guidance only been 4 years and lost 4 flocks need help

Back
Top Bottom