Parents' 32nd Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Daddas1Punkin, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Me and my best friend are going to make my parents dinner on the 28th. Which just happens to be their 32nd anniversary! Any kind of easy, but romantic recipes? Please, we could use the help. I found a recipe for "Cupcake Lasagna" that looked and sounded good, but if you have one that would be great! We are going to send them away to the movies or something, then have a table set in the dining room for them, with candles and rose petals! Can't wait!
    [​IMG]

2. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

That's so sweet,,,
    not too sure about romantic.. But I love sea food appitizers..
    Do they have a fav appitzers that they like to make? or buy if they are treating themselves?

Just a few strawberries, dipped in choclate, would be sweet too.

I think, the fact that you are going out've you way, to make them a special day, will be the most remembered thing. They will be so tickled, to know they've raised someone as caring as you. More than any parent could hope for!

3. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Awwwwwwe! Thank you! HEY! I could melt dark and whit chocolate and make tux and wedding dress ones, like this!
    What do you think? What would be a good main dish? Spaghetti?

4. MeatKing

I'm not too sure about, melting the dark and white, and doing it separte to make it look like tux's.. Great idea, but am not the greatest chef here, I would worry about the two chocaltes running together.. Even If one was cooled, think it may take the other one, so long to cool down, it would melt the first.. But really Idk...

Speggtti sounds nice, is this something they like to eat?
    We love speggetti here, if I'm treating myself, I would have a nice ceasar salad for a starter.. (That doesn't happen very often, between money and time)

Let me know how it going!! Can't wait to hear :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  5. MeatKing

Another question, do they like white chocolate? I know lots of people do, but everyone in my house hates it :(

6. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Yes, they LOVE pasta as much as they love each other I think! lol... Ooooh! We could make my mom's fave, salad with nuts and apples in it! thanks!
    Oh! Thanks for reminding me! My dad hates it! Lol, that would've been awful! I'll just do dark.

7. MeatKing

That sounds great!!

What a perfect dinner that will be :)

Their gonna be so excited!

You could give them the salad when they arrive.. Don't forget the apple will brown, if not cut up at the last min. You could have the rest of the slad ready, then, when they sit down, go cut up the apple.

Then you could cook the pasta, well their eating the salad. You could get sauce ready, in pot while their gone. And go ahead a put water in the pot for pasta while thier gone. The more you can get ready, while their at movies the better. Just wait till they get home, to turn it all on..
    Feed them the pasta,
    then bring out the strawberries, for them for dessert. A perfect 3 course meal. and so yummy!! wish I was having it!
    If you don't wanna dip the strawberries yourself, there's chocolate, in a little plastic dish in the grocery store that is a ready to go :) And they can dip themselves. It's $5.00 here, but here in Canada everything is much more expensive then the states. I would think it would be maybe 2-3 there..
    Here that dipping sauce, is in the produce section, in a refridgirated area.

Sorry If I'm giving you info you already know, I really think it's great you wanting to do this for your parents! They will be so happy!!

8. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thanks! five days! Me and my best friend are at a friendly war right now! Lol. It's funny. We get on each others nerves, so we will probably get into a chocolate fight, lol. Lol, come on over! Nope, the chocolate dip stuff you're talking about is about the same here, $5. Thanks! I'm going to learn "The wedding song". It was played at their wedding, and my mom asked me to learn it on the piano to play it for my dad. I hope I find love like they have someday! That is my dream love that they share. [​IMG]

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    How about some meatballs with the spaghetti? They are fairly simple to make and you can just let them simmer on the stove! Spaghetti and meatballs always reminds me of lady and the tramp!

If you don't want the apples to turn brown, just dip them in lemon juice. Works every time!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  10. MeatKing

How did it go?

Please do tell!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by