1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Parents got a rescue dog - I think they got their hands full =)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by pbjmaker, Jan 5, 2011.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    My parents put down their lab mix dog about 1 1/2 years ago and my dad finally just decided it was time to get a new dog. They settled on this gorgeous girl. She is supposedly german wire hair pointer X black lab about a year old.

She has already ate through the leash in the photo [​IMG]

http://classicvw.org/gallery2/v/Just+Pictures/DSCI0730.JPG.html

I am glad to see my dad get a new dog. He missed his faithful companion.

2. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    What an interesting combo. Sounds like a handful! lol
    She is a beauty. [​IMG] Can't wait to see what stories she can give you.

3. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    What a beautiful and cute dog! I hope they have good luck with training her and turning her into a wonderful companion. Rescue dogs are great. [​IMG]

4. Hound

Hound Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    We have a rescue German Shorthair, and I think chewing and running are part of the package with them! He has a wonderful nature, but at 4 years old he still hasn't outgrown chewing yet. He doesn't chew furniture or walls or anything awful like that, but dog beds etc are fair game. He is quite the escape artist and will run for hours if he escapes or runs off. Luckily we're so far from anywhere that he can't get into trouble, but it can be nervewracking at times! The only thing that keeps him contained is a 5' fence with hotwire top and bottom. I can't really blame him though, he spent the first eight months of his life in the pound. Now he has the space to run he wants to as much as he can.

5. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    She's a cutie - hopefully they get right on the training of her.

6. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    They live on 25 acres so she has room to run once my dad shows her the boundries. He took her for a walk yesterday showing her where the edges of the front of the property are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by