Parents of big families...I need GOOD come backs for idiots!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by asher, Nov 26, 2008.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    We have baby #5 due in the Spring. We did not tell anyone until this past week, though I'm a good ways in to the pregnancy.

Well, I wish we'd waited longer. [​IMG] The negative comments have started already.

I need good come backs for idiots that think our reproductive choices are their business. They're not paying for us nor supporting our family so they need to shut it, IMO.

ANYWAY...I have a few, but used to have a site book marked that had some hilarious ones.

So far I have been asked if we are mormon, if we knew what caused this and if I was sure I wanted another. (While my others were there and heard all going on. HOW RUDE!)

[​IMG]

Oh yes and if you have negative comments, don't bother replying.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  2. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    If you just want to make them realize they've said something dumb and should think twice about doin' it ever again, just stop and stare at them as if they've grown two heads. For at least ten seconds, more is better. Horrified expression helps.

Then just shake yer head sadly and walk away or change the subject entirely.

Good luck, and CONGRATULATIONS [​IMG],

Pat

3. chels23

chels23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    S.E Kansas
    Other than telling how rude their comments are I have nothing. Sorry people are so rude and congratulations.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Cindy, I just wanted to post my congratulations to you. It's the same for people who decide not to have any children-people seem to think you are just waiting on pins and needles for their exalted opinion, LOL. I know you're really in for it this holiday season. I think for the really rude ones, I'd just say, "And you believe this is your business because why?"

5. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Thanks!

Chels ~ that avatar makes me melt!

6. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Congrats!! I have 5 children myself, ranging from 18 to 5.

We just ignored the stupid people.

7. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    I'd just flat-out say: Excuse me, this is none of your business. We WANT another baby & are perfectly able to support our family.

5 kids isn't a huge family. I know people with far more in dire financial situations. When you get to number 10, you can be like, ooops!

8. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:Thank you [​IMG] I wish we could have hid it a bit longer, but bubs is getting bigger so maternity pants are becoming neccesary. Hard to hide that. [​IMG] My goal was to wait until the end of Dec.

Thankfully work is being absolutely fantastic about it (except that one clerk <twitch>).

9. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    oh i can relate!
    i swear that every time i go anywhere with the whole fleet, i get asked if they all have the same dad, or if i am mormon or catholic.
    i mean, would you ask someone with 2 kids if they had the same dad, and right in front of them?? and then when i tell them that they do and we have been married for 16 years they start with the "you need to find a new hobby" comments.
    i usually just ignore people, they will always have something obnoxious to say!
    i had a checker at walmart tell me that we needed to use birth control and she went on and on about it in front of a huge line of people..i couldve died right there!

10. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:[​IMG] If I have any after this, DH will not be alive! [​IMG]

Five seems huge to me. hehe Four was perfect. Five seems like WHOA!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by