Parrot Beak Aseel (PBA)

Pics

anizam

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 5, 2012
Shah Alam
Hi there, have anyone from BYC breeding this type of aseel.
I just got their chicks from India and want to breed them at my farm in Malaysia.
Below are the specification of this breed :

Name of Breed : Parrot Beak Long Tail Aseel
Origin : India
Weight : 5-8 kgs (male), 4-6 kgs (female)
Special Appearance : Parrot beak shape, straight long tail up to 2-3 feet, large strawberry comb and massive body weight.

These are some photos from Mr Google showing PBA:

** For photos owner : Sorry for using your photos but this is not for making prophit, just sharing our marvelous pets to others.

Anizam Agro Farm
Malaysia
+6012 524 5002

I have never heard of this breed, they are almost unreal looking! You can tell a lot of work went into their breeding. I wonder if they need to be fed differently due to the unusual parrot beak? I never stop being amazed by the genetic variations that are possible with chickens. Thank you for showing us something new!

Thank you Fowlcraft,

Parrot beak aseel is real. But due to birds flu disease in India, PBA can't be transfer to another country, make them less famous.
So far i feed them with normal local chicken feed and they are very though birds. Not easily get sick and very good weight gain. Having parrot beak do not make them hard to eat. They live, eat, drinks and breed in very normal way.

This is exactly the species I want to breed here in Southern California - USA.
I would take great effort to raise and breed these birds, and to maintain pure blood line traits, while striving for large size.
These birds would have optimum living conditions here, and beneficial diets, to achieve the highest quality of healthy birds.
Their role would be to become an admired breed for the pet trade, and to be exhibited in show.
Eventually, it would be my mission, to start a breeding program with serious like minded bird keepers across America, in order to bring up the conservation status of this species, to where it is flourishing, and wide spread.
Is it legal to ship eggs?
If so, is there any way you can help me to acquire soon to be hatching eggs of this species, from breeders with large stock, and pure bloodlines?
Maybe you in the future?
Thank you, in advance for what ever help you can give me.

Last edited:
Hi Bird Mimic,
Glad to have somebody admire PBA as I do. I am trying to breed and ship them to all over the world, but for now, even eggs can't be send to USA from Malaysia or India due to birds flu. We in Malaysia always looking for a good collaboration among fancy poultry all over the world. So if we have a chance, we will take it to send as many eggs or live chickens as you wish to your country. Now we in the process to bring several breeding trio of PBA to Malaysia for breeding programe. I think after a year from now, we will be able to send eggs and live birds already. We have to run a proper selective breeding for better quality and genetic stability in PBA since we don"t know if PBA that arrived are from same bloodline or not.

Hi Anizam,

Stay safe, and laboratory clean as possible.
Encourage serious fellow breeders to have quarantine stations.
I would stay away from social events like shows until you're in the clear, it's not worth it.

The news you have sounds encouraging for the future, and something to look forward to.

If in the future we could do business, American grown birds would be a good back up source for you and your associates to replenish stock, if ever epidemics hit your local flocks.

I'm positive these birds would be cherished here in the USA, and the descendants of your bloodlines would be top quality.

I will use this downtime to plan for excellence.
Thank you for responding, and I look forward to future correspondence.

PBA enthusiast and future breeder,
BYC member Bird Mimic
Russ Florian

Hi there, have anyone from BYC breeding this type of aseel. I just got their chicks from India and want to breed them at my farm in Malaysia. Below are the specification of this breed : Name of Breed : Parrot Beak Long Tail Aseel Origin : India Weight : 5-8 kgs (male), 4-6 kgs (female) Special Appearance : Parrot beak shape, straight long tail up to 2-3 feet, large strawberry comb and massive body weight. These are some photos from Mr Google showing PBA: ** For photos owner : Sorry for using your photos but this is not for making prophit, just sharing our marvelous pets to others. Anizam Agro Farm Malaysia +6012 524 5002
Where did you get them from in India? I live in India but don't know of anyone who keeps them. They are so rare.

Hi Anizam,
I hope you don't mind me asking; How much did you have to pay for your PBA chicks?
And how many did you purchase?
depend on quality.. the price is between USD500 to 2000 per chick at 2 months age
i import tthe eggs from India, but you have to risk their fertility and hatchebility which is very poor
i got 3 fertile egg sfrom 20

Hi Anizam,

Stay safe, and laboratory clean as possible.
Encourage serious fellow breeders to have quarantine stations.
I would stay away from social events like shows until you're in the clear, it's not worth it.

The news you have sounds encouraging for the future, and something to look forward to.

If in the future we could do business, American grown birds would be a good back up source for you and your associates to replenish stock, if ever epidemics hit your local flocks.

I'm positive these birds would be cherished here in the USA, and the descendants of your bloodlines would be top quality.

I will use this downtime to plan for excellence.
Thank you for responding, and I look forward to future correspondence.

PBA enthusiast and future breeder,
BYC member Bird Mimic
Russ Florian
thank you for your advice.. yes i am in progress to build one amll breeding centre for this breed.. next year will start selling some chicks..

Back
Top Bottom