Parrot experts can you ID this bird PLEASE !!

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
I work at a pet store and a guy came in a few days ago wanted to get rid of his parrot - so my boss bought him to have as a " shop bird " this bird is the coolest !! he is SUPER friendly and acts like a spoiled brat when he is not getting what he wants - he loves to walk around the shelves and knock stuff on the floor !

he flys around the store just to see whats going on loves to meet all the customers and will go sit on anyones shoulder that happens to be standing close to where he is at

he does not talk - and we are not sure how old he is

my boss paid 200.00 so she is wondering i that is a good price ? there are no plans to sell him everyone at the store LOVES him

we cant tell if its a male or female the guy who sold him said it was a male

any ideas on what he is ??

S6302409.jpg

S6302410.jpg

S6302411.jpg

S6302412.jpg

oh TY TY TY

It is so nice to FINALLY know what he is LOL

It was driving us nuts having customers ask and we had nothing to tell them LOL

Is there anyway to tell from the pics how old he is ? we were told his frist owner had him for 4 yrs and the guy who sold him to the store had him for 4 months

so we are pretty sure he is at least 4 yrs - would that make him an adult in parrot " years " or still considerd fairly young ?

everyone who comes into the shop just loves him - he is so friendly and loves to help us with taking care of the animals and he loves going to the grooming side of the store and watching everything going on around there

I think he THINKS he is the BOSS and it is his job to supervise all of us - he hangs out mostly on my shoulder all day - so by the end of the day I normally have a small hole in my shirt from playing with it

just wish we could teach him to stop taking stuff off the shelf or hooks and dropping it on the floor
roll.png

Last edited:
He's a cutie!! How big is he? Parrots are so much fun and too smart for their own good. They can be very naughty if left unattended!
lol.png

FYI... be VERY careful with him playing with metal hooks, etc. that aren't intended as toys. I had a parakeet who loved a pair of earrings of mine, so I left them in his cage to play with. He dropped dead.
sad.png
Had a necropsy done and it turns out he died of lead poisoning. The same goes for treated wood that he may get a hold of and chew.

The price is fair market value. Most conures are between $150 - $500. I paid $175 for my green-cheek.

Quote:
Yep, that's a patagonian. Handfed babies sell for around $300 from a breeder, so depending on the age, your boss may have gotten a bargain. Patties are the loudest of the conures (and may be more genetically close to their loud cousins the macaws than most conures). They are usually good talkers. No way to tell sex without a DNA test.

Back
Top Bottom