1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Parrot Hatching Eggs?

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by RubberChickenLubber, Feb 14, 2008.

1. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    I don't know where to post this. I am thinking of trying to hatch parrots some point in the future. Anyone know of a good place to find eggs and information.

We had a parrot at one point in time, and had to rehome her, and hubby has been around parrots off and on throughout his life.

I know hatching our own would be much cheaper, and more bonding.

Thanks

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
  3. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Oooh. I am interested here too. It would be soo cool. What kind are you looking for Rubberlubber? Sun Conure here. [​IMG]

4. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I would love to get a macaw or sun conure. I see a bunch of conures on craigslist but I have to wait for a while

5. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    Quote:That's too funny, I just got finished reading the article before I came to check the post.

I'm not sure what I want. I'm still in the searching and figuring out stage. We used to have an Orange Wing, and My hubby's dad has a Double Yellow Head.

6. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Ooooo......I would love to know where to get eggs as well!! I have always dreamed of raising my own Parrot!! I would love to have an african grey, or a sun conure!![​IMG]

7. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Type in parrot eggs for sale or parrot hatching eggs for sale on yahoo or google. There a quite a few. I almost bought 2 for $50 each. I got to scared though because I dont have the setup

8. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Ooooh. I see that I am not alone in my conure obsession. [​IMG] I have wanted a sun conure for ages. I have NEVER met a mean one.

9. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    hmmmm......Just checked Google and I am not sure I would buy from ads like that. Why isnt there a place that sells them?? you know like a hatchery of sorts. Would make life so much easier!![​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  10. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I wish there was a parrot place like this. with a cool buy sell trade area. We have to create one [​IMG]

The person I was going to get them from had 5/5 stars and was very good with there rep. I was going to pick them up in NYC

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by