Parrot Heads Unite!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I went to the Jimmy Buffet concert last night in Birmingham, it was awesome! We went tailgating in the parking lot beforehand, with our beach umbrella, towels, cooler, cheeseburgers, and leis. We met a couple of Alabama pirates. I knew they were from Alabama, because they said, "Arrrrggg, Ya'll." I just wondered if there are any chicken lovin' Parrot Heads on BYC? Come on Parrot Heads, speak up!

2. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Jimmy's got some good music, but I'm not a rabid fan.

3. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    You never know where you'll run into Parrot Heads. We once stayed in a yellow house on Hatteras island. The house was named "Banana Wind," and there were Buffet references all over the house. It was such fun!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA

X2

5. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    Some years ago I was a hugh Jimmy Buffet fan and loved all his music and even read his books. Today, I still like his old stuff but it seems time has passed him by.

6. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

Capvin, you should go to one of his concerts, it is mostly the old stuff with some of the new collaborative stuff (Five O'Clock Somewhere and Knee Deep). I agree, his 'Hay Day" was in the '70's and 80's but all of that is what defines him. It is just too much fun!

7. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

BunnyLady, taking a break from the Green Club? Ha Ha Ha! I would like to see that place, I bet it was fun. Tell me about the references.....

8. Bunnylady

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Let's see, there was a sign that said "Margaritaville," of course. I remember a floor lamp that was a palm tree; the lights were coconuts. Plastic lobsters, and of course, parrot art - kitchy, but what the hey, it's a vacation house! There were others, but that's all I can think of right now.

9. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

What? No shark fins? No cheeseburgers? No flipflops or poptops? Not even a volcano? Oh, wait, that would be a bit over the top.......

10. Bunnylady

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Well, real flipflops might be confusing - how do you know what belongs to the house, and what belongs to someone staying there? That particular house had something like 8 bedrooms; keeping everybody's stuff straight gets tough. And can you even find poptops anymore?

There may have been pictures of those items, in some of the other rooms. Even though they were all family, I'm too polite to go snooping in other people's rooms. But I can confirm the cheeseburger. There was a menu board on the wall in the kitchen, "Cheeseburger" was on it![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by