1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    *This was my reply in another thread, but I wanted to put the pictures here too, so everybody will see them!*

I don't own any parrots myself, but I work for a lady who has about forty rescues! I'm there so often I feel like they are mine!

She has moloccun(sp?) cockatoos, sulfur cockatoos, a green wing macaw, two african greys, rose breasted cockatoo, indian ringneck, alexandrian, Parakeets, cockatiels, lovebirds, conures, and a bunch of others that I can't remember the names of! She also has a beautiful cage full of fancy finches! It's amazing how many people have unwanted birds! And they all have such wonderful personalities. It's amazing how a bird can come in completely afraid of you, and later want to be your best friend! I have a few pictures of them too:

Reggie Bird
    [​IMG]

Sashi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Max
    [​IMG]

Chaplain (RIP)
    [​IMG]

Fiona
    [​IMG]

Fiona's boyfriend, Gus
    [​IMG]

Jazz, hiding.
    [​IMG]

Angel
    [​IMG]

Finches
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Snowy
    [​IMG]

Tiki Bird
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    WOW!!! Your birds are the most beautiful creatures that I've seen in a loooooooong time!!
    I love them all and if some of them go missing, I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!![​IMG]

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thank you! I would love to actually adopt one of her birds one day, but for now I'll have to be content working for her!

Unfortunately a lot of the birds she receives come from stressful situations, so as you can see in some pics, they bite their feathers. It's unfortunate because once they start, it's hard to get them to stop.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

What beautiful birds! I had a patagonian conure for a few years and managed to adopt him out! I had no clue what absolute slobs they are! Plus he only liked guys and would bite down on me really hard! I still love birds though and someday would like to get a gray amazon...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by