parrot question i know its in the wrong category though

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by aldren90, Dec 8, 2010.

1. aldren90

aldren90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    does any one know if you can keep to parrots in the same room that are tame but they will still like you instead of each other

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

It depends a lot on the type, temperament and age of the parrot. Are you putting them both in the same cage? Often that will result in them bonding with each other..... if kept in separate cages, but in the same room then they should still stay bonded to you. Still depends on the parrot however..... I have a 16 year old Quaker parrot, he has never liked another bird and will not tolerate another bird in HIS cage. He is pretty much set in his ways. [​IMG]

3. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    well one is a baby green cheek conure and the other a blue quaker and they would be in different cages

4. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    They will be fine as long as they are in different cages. They do need to be handled daily and need lots of toys. Toys with wood pieces that they can destroy are the best. It will help keep them busy when you aren't home and will satisfy their need to "forage," even though they have plenty of food in their bowls.

5. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    ok thanks so much everyone;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by