Partridge and Por elain genetics

Laingcroft

Songster
8 Years
Nov 22, 2011
Could someone tell me what a dilute patridge is called? I assume the porcelain is the dilute of mille fleur. What can patridge be bred to for dilution of black to blue or lavender and red to buff or straw? I've got to order a nice book on chicken color genetics!

And any guesses (or actual knowledge) of what might turn up breeding partridge to porcelain?

Could someone tell me what a dilute patridge is called? I assume the porcelain is the dilute of mille fleur. What can patridge be bred to for dilution of black to blue or lavender and red to buff or straw? I've got to order a nice book on chicken color genetics!

And any guesses (or actual knowledge) of what might turn up breeding partridge to porcelain?

What breed?

lavender diluted mille fleur is porcelain, but in silkies the motling of mille fleur has not been bred into them.

no recognised name for a lavender diluted partridge, but that is what I would call it: lavender partridge

blue partridge is from adding blue into the partridge genotype

I suppose that if you bred in buff or cream you could call it buff or lemon partridge

partridge to porcelain, well, you would not get lavender appearing in the first generation cross, but in a second generation you could. From partridge you would get e^b Pg s; from porcelain you would get e^b (or E^R) Pg s lav Co and mo

Trying to figure out all the color relationships so it isn't a particular breed at this point.

Back
Top Bottom