Partridge Brahmas & Black Brahmas

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chknbrdr, Mar 13, 2009.

1. chknbrdr

chknbrdr Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2007
    Columbus, IN
    I just thought I would post a picture of a pair of my Partridge Brahma bantams. I also have Black Brahmas bantams. I'll get a picture tomorrow and post.
    Both varities are somewhat hard to find.

Matt

[​IMG]

2. Fruit Juice

Fruit Juice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2009
    Boulder, CO
    Very Nice![​IMG]

3. chknbrdr

chknbrdr Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2007
    Columbus, IN
    Here are my Black Brahmas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    They are stunning!

5. nissa_loves_cats

nissa_loves_cats Chillin' With My Peeps

They are so cute! If they were full size I would totally raid your henhouse! [​IMG]

I'd really like to get some black Brahmas. Or, better yet, lavender ones. I'll probably have to go on some evil crossbreeding mission to do it though.

6. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    If they were large fowl I'd be helping with that RAID OMG! They're gorgeous.

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Beautiful!!!!!!

8. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Gorgeous.

9. theoldguy

theoldguy Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2013
    Matt, very nice birds (gold partridge brahmas). I just found them as a breed today . Where did you find them? And your right they are hard to find. Thanks for the Pics :)

10. Vallee

Vallee Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2013
    Hello! I am new to the BYC forum and thought I would check out the Brahma thread. Yes, Partridge Brahmas are rare, they are one of my main breeds; I have the standard size rather than the bantam. They are big, beautiful and sweet natured and great producers. I currently only have the Gold Partridge but will add Blue when the weather allows for safe shipping! Yay! These big birds do push one to the limits as far as coop space vs. how many bantams one can fit in the same space but they are so glorious they are worth it. I do have juvenile trios available and the great thing about this variety is as soon as they get feathers you can tell the sex! This is one great feature in my book! So I can ship juvenile trio's (weather permitting) with absolute assurance of correct sexing. Anyway, the bantams pictured here are just as pretty as my full size variety, really beautiful!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by