1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

partridge breed?? unknown black with white feathering very pretty!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by naturegirl, Apr 29, 2009.

1. naturegirl

naturegirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    The first girl I believe is going to be a partridge color?? Her legs are willow colored so I am not quite sure what breed she is. Her leg color isn't real clear in these pic's due to the flash of the camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 2nd little girl is a beauty!! But I don't know what breed?? Her legs are yellow.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are both 4 1/2 weeks old. Any guesses will be appreciated! [​IMG]

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    The first one I would have guess Partridge Rock, but you said her leg color is willow?

The second one is a silver-laced Wyandotte.

3. naturegirl

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    Yes the first girls legs are a willow or slate color, definetly not yellow!! I can't find any chicks on feathersite with that color leg?? Maybe she isn't a partridge color?? [​IMG]

4. hyzenthlay

hyzenthlay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    SW PA
    Your second one looks just like my silver laced wyandotte chick (well, almost--mine still has more black on her, but basically the same). If your first ones legs are greenish, do you think she could be an EE? The coloring looks right.

5. naturegirl

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    It shouldn't be an EE, I ordered all brown egg layers. If they are EE that would be great though!! Aren't EE's smaller chickens? Theses chicks are as big as my BA's and BO's. I do have a couple that look like the first one but have more black with brown barring on their feathers and their legs are yellow. So maybe those are partridge rocks?? As for the greenish legs???

6. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Since you ordered brown egg layers, and your 1st chick does not have poofy cheeks or a pea comb, I don't think it is an EE. Slate legs are grey. Her legs do look yellow in the pictures, but maybe it's just my computer. I'm not sure what you mean by "willow" -- do you mean they are yellow with a greenish tint to them, or would you say her legs are actually 'green'? Or..... do you mean they are just not as "yellow" as the wyandotte's legs.

7. naturegirl

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    The legs are greenish/grey. I guess I could descirbe it as a very dirty yellow?? compared to my chicks with yellow legs they are greenish/grayish. It's the only way I can describe it. I will try to take pic's without flash and see if the color is better. Thanks for your input [​IMG]

8. naturegirl

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    Here are some pic's of her legs against a white background, maybe it will be more visible?

The last pic is the closest to its real color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope this helps. [​IMG]

9. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    It looks like a partridge rock. Some of mine definitely have darker legs then others. Looks just like them! [​IMG]

10. naturegirl

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    I thought they may be rocks thanks, I do have similar looking chicks, similar feather coloring but they have very yellow legs! maybe they are partridge wyandottes?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by