Partridge Chantecler (Albertan). Would you breed this cockerel?

I hate plucking

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
We got into Partridge Chantecler (Albertans to be properly named) this year. We ended up with 4 cockerels. We want to do our small part to help preserve the breed. We don't have a copy of the breed standard so I'm going by what I've gleaned online.

The first roo is skinny compared to his brother but is bigger than the 2 we roasted (delicious BTW). He doesn't have much vigor either. Before we eat him I figured I'd make sure we're on the right track. He's last out of the coop in the morning, rarely tries to breed and for what it's worth as I can tell has poor colour. He's much harder to get pics of so I only have 2 of him. My son has named this guy Chick Norris. I don't think he brings good enough quality to breed. Am I correct?

This guy is named Diesel because he looks so powerful. I'm planning on breeding him in the spring. None of these pics do his width justice. He is first out in the morning, often tries to breed and is friendly. Thoughts?

IHP

When Chick Norris stands Up. Is he really STANDING UP, or PUSHING THE EARTH DOWN???
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom