Partridge Chantecler or Ameraucana?

Hi I am new here from southern Ontario!
I am building a A frame chicken tractor with built in coop. Looking to buy Partridge Chanteclers and/or Ameraucana’s. Pro’s and con’s? Gets into the low 30’s C in the summer but as low as -20 C in the winter
Why not a couple of each? Both are great cold-hardy breeds! In a year or two if you favor one breed, you could order more of that one. Everyone has different preferences, so might as well see which one you prefer! Good luck & welcome!

Hi I am new here from southern Ontario!
I am building a A frame chicken tractor with built in coop. Looking to buy Partridge Chanteclers and/or Ameraucana’s. Pro’s and con’s? Gets into the low 30’s C in the summer but as low as -20 C in the winter
Welcome to BYC!

I don't own either breed, so no recommendations from personal experience here. If it were me, I would also buy a few of each. Chanteclers lay brown eggs and AMs lay blue. Both are very hardy birds, who won't get frostbite as easily, due to their small combs.

Why not a couple of each? Both are great cold-hardy breeds! In a year or two if you favor one breed, you could order more of that one. Everyone has different preferences, so might as well see which one you prefer! Good luck & welcome!
:welcome:frow I agree. You will find a lot of good information here BYCArticles.jpg Good luck with your plans and have fun...

Back
Top Bottom