Partridge Chantecler

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sawyer, Feb 26, 2008.

1. sawyer

sawyer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2008
    Newaygo, Michigan
    Ok, I'm proably hooked.......lined.......and sinkered.

Got my first chickens a month or so ago, as some may know, 9 EE's hens and what looks like a Leghorn mix roo. Very happy with them.

Got the ok from DW to get more, may already have a market for eggs, everyone wants them without the work. Ok, give us the green then.

So, yesterday I ordered 25 Buff Orp Pullets and 2 B/O Roos (chix all) from Townline Hatchery in our neck of the woods. All is well, should be able to drive down and pick them up on my day off, Tues Mar 18th.

Not good enough.....
    As I am perusing BYC today, someone had a link to Ideal Poultry so after reading their site for a bit I ordered 9 Partridge Chantecler pullet and 1 Partridge Chantecler roo (chix again) which I had send via Air Mail (chix flying at an early age) to arrive at the beginning of my weekend off, Fri, Mar 7th.

I gotta stay away from this computer or we will have more chickens than blades of grass.......

I'm going to pace the floor in anticipation of their arrival.

Ok, I've shared my news, now I can try to relax... Right!!!!!!![​IMG]

Sawyer

2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    We got bit with the same bug Sawyer!!!!
    All I wanted was a few laying hens so me and DH could have some fresh eggs for breakfast, then I found this site!!!!!!!!!!
    The more I read the more I buy!!!! I now have 15 hens, 3 roos, 13 chicks on the way.....and I just ordered a bator!!!!!
    Relax!!!!! are you kidding???? lol

Good luck to you Sawyer

3. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm there with you.

This is a very serious sickness. [​IMG]

4. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
  5. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Sawyer, didn't you forget to mention the eggs in the bator. It's o.k. if tell everyone about those too. No one will think less of you. [​IMG] Congrats on your big order - you're going to have your hands full. I saw your pic on the "Putting Names to Faces" thread - your dogs are beautiful.

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] bit by the chickie bug

7. Eggscoozme

Eggscoozme Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2014
    Michigan
    I realize it's been 9yrs, but am wondering how things went with having Partridge Chanteclers? What were/are the pros and cons to having them, and how well did they lay in the winter? Egg size? Hopefully, you're still on BYC and check your messages! :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by