Partridge Cochin Chicks Gender

ChickChic00

Songster
Sep 10, 2019
Anyone know if any of these chicks are male or female?
20191001_090440.jpg

Little to young to say for sure just yet. On the good side partridge patterned birds are easier to sex as the sexes are totally different patterned. Look for black feathers coming in in the chest, this will indicate cockerels. However giving how young they are and several of them are already showing significant comb growth. Its not looking good if you wanted pullets.

Little to young to say for sure just yet. On the good side partridge patterned birds are easier to sex as the sexes are totally different patterned. Look for black feathers coming in in the chest, this will indicate cockerels. However giving how young they are and several of them are already showing significant comb growth. Its not looking good if you wanted pullets.
So black feathers on chest are somewhat male? Does that mean white is female? Also they are almost a month old. I would live to have some roosters and some females I'll take them all lol

So black feathers on chest are somewhat male? Does that mean white is female? Also they are almost a month old. I would live to have some roosters and some females I'll take them all lol

Black chest are male. Females are the partridge/penciled pattern. Right now they all will have the same pattern. But soon the males will start growing in black feathers.

Back
Top Bottom