Partridge Cochin info

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Eliza, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Eliza

Eliza Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    Lisbon, CT
    Hello everyone! I'm a new chicken enthusiast. I live in Lisbon, CT on a small farm. So far we have a bumper crop of boulders and ferns. The only livestock so far are 2 horses, 3 cats and a husband (also new). We would love to fill the ice house with some Partridge Cochin bantem chickies - but alas, I know not where to obtain some. I've seen some good info on hatcheries to avoid - and I should mention that I really am only looking for a very small starter flock - as i am sure it will be easy to upgrade to larger numbers - as I am sure that we will! Any info would be appreciated!

eliza:D

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
  3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

We raise Standard partridge cochins and they are the sweetest birds ever.

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    www.idealpoultry.com there is a minimum order of $20 opposed to a minimum order of 25 chicks pretty much everywhere else. So far i haven't heard anything bad about them and am thinking about ordering a few more myself. I just bought 2 standard partridge cochins and have a variety of other bantam size cochins and i just love them. I think you made a wise choice . They are excellent mothers as well if you decide to hatch chicks. [​IMG]

5. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I really like my Cochins. I have standards and bantams. I only have the Partridge in standard.
    My bantams are better for broodiness and they lay really well. The standards are good birds and make a nice meal if you decide you need to get rid of a few roos.
    Either way you go, Cochins are cool! The Partridge is a nice color and pattern.

6. greenthumb89

greenthumb89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    pulaski wisconsin
    check with some of the breeders on eggbid. they have giant, standard and bantam. along with some other colors.

7. Eliza

Eliza Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    Lisbon, CT
    Thanks for the input. I was checking out petchickens.com they are in NJ and will ship small amounts of day old chicks if you are close enough. they had bantems but no partridge style. I'll try the eggbid.:[​IMG]

8. farmerRyan

farmerRyan Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2012
    Central Maine
    We love our new Partridge Cochin chicks.(there some of our favorites!)
    You will have a lot of fun with them!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  9. ESofVA

ESofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by