Partridge cochins added to my family

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bantyman, Dec 14, 2008.

1. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Hey all [​IMG]
    Heres the latest addition to my family Received a pair of partridge cochins from Jamie Matts this past week and they are beautiful Better than what I thought they would be So had this crazy idea to share the pics with everyone else

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mike [​IMG]

2. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    they are beautiful. i had a partridge cochin bantam hen and she was just the sweetest little thing. never had a rooster so i cant comment on him but i know you will love them. [​IMG]

3. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    They are just beautiful!!!!!! Nothing prettier than a cochin! [​IMG]

4. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    They're beautiful!

5. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    They are lovely birds!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They're handsome birds, Mike. Congrats! [​IMG]

7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Very pretty [​IMG]

8. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    My goodness aren't they ever beautiful?! [​IMG] I'd love to have a trio of partridge cochin bantams someday.

9. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    So Mike, what are you, my evil twin or what!!!??? Someone gave me four of these too. They are super sweet and gentle. I have been told mine are not SQ because they don't have enough columbian look to their hackles. I don't have a roo for mine.
    [​IMG]

10. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Hey Patty [​IMG]
    Evil twin ? [​IMG] Does this hen have enough columbian in hers? I got them to put type in my millies Just wanted the roo but the hen was to good a deal Thanx a million to Jamie Give me your honest opinion Dont spare anything I can take it !! [​IMG] These are really sweet also The roo wants you to pick him up The hen dont like strangers but gets over it pretty quik Im glad I did get them They might do what I want Might have some eggs for sale from these 2 after I get what I want for now When I swap eggs would you care to have some of these? I think your hens look pretty good Who cares what other people think [​IMG]

Mike [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by